TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Nokia 3310 (GSM) and Prepaid in the US?

Re: Nokia 3310 (GSM) and Prepaid in the US?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sat, 04 Jun 2005 20:41:46 -0700

On 2 Jun 2005 19:52:08 -0700, gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi, I got a Nokia 3310 (GSM) while i was in Italy but will be in the
> US for a few months and don't want to bother getting a new phone or
> locked in monthly phone service. Can the 3310 be used in the US and
> if so what prepaid options are there? Any help would be *greatly*
> appreciated!

A Nokia 3310 absolutely will not work at all in North America. It is
a phone meant to work on 900 or 1800 Mhz. To work in North America it
has to at least have 1900 Mhz reception capability. The equivalent
phone for use in North America would be the Nokia 3390.

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Prepaid SIM Cards - Are They Any Good?"
Go to Previous message: Joseph: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be in reply to: gaikokujinkyofusho@gmail.com: "Nokia 3310 (GSM) and Prepaid in the US?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page