TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Can You Disable Text Messaging?

Can You Disable Text Messaging?

John Mayson (jmayson@nyx.net)
Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:52:01 -0500

I might have a definitive answer by the time this runs, but I'll
ask anyway.

My wife and I switched to T-Mobile this week. With our particular
plan all incoming text messages are charged at 5 cents per message. I
receive about a $1 worth of spam per day. I called T-Mobile, but they
won't even acknowledge my account exists because I'm not the "primary
account holder" as my wife actually bought the phones. She's been
sort of busy and hasn't called them herself.

Does anyone have any experience with T-Mobile? Can they disable text
messaging? I don't want to have to pay $20 to $30 per month for
incoming spam.

We left our previous company because they didn't give a rat's behind
about our on-going service problems until it came time to renew the
contract, then we were their best friends. I hope T-Mobile isn't the
same.

John Mayson <jmayson@nyx.net>
Austin, Texas, USA

Go to Next message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Sony Offers Video Calling"
Go to Previous message: Chris Holst: "Forwarding SMS Messages"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: Mark Crispin: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: John R. Levine: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: pieterek@spamcop.net: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: jon@earthlink.net: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
May be reply: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Can You Disable Text Messaging?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page