TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines

Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines

Mike Riddle (nospam@ivgate.omahug.org)
1 Jun 2005 08:41:35 -0700

Robert Bonomi wrote:

> La Salle station (as the name at least), a rebuilt, greatly reduced
> facility, still exists, and has commuter service (only) running out of
> it. Tracks terminate a bit south of Congress Ave.

> 'Central Station' also nominally still exists; in use by electrified
> inter-urban (Illinois & South Shore Rwy) to Gary-Hammond.

> All long-distance passenger rail (AMTRAK) is out of Union station,
> With commuter rail out of Union and Northwestern stations, as well as
> the aforementioned La Salle and Central stations.

And what about Dearborn Station? (I remember when there used to be a
subway exit-only almost in front of the station, but IIRC it was
closed more than 20 years ago because without an attendant of some
sort in residence it apparently became too dangerous to use.)

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: 25 Hz power Re: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: 25 cps Power, was: Tie Lines was Re: Foreign Exchange Lines"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page