TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! 86 Year Old Woman Taken to Jail Account of 911 Call

Re: Last Laugh! 86 Year Old Woman Taken to Jail Account of 911 Call

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Mon, 30 May 2005 13:30:03 -0700

DevilsPGD wrote:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: So many things about USA law
>> enforcement these days have a sort of tinge or a smell of Nazi-Germany
>> to them, don't they ... PAT]

> How do you figure? Who would be held responsible if one of her 20 calls
> caused a caller with a real emergency to be put on hold?

> It sounds to me like she should have been charged with assaulting a
> police officer too, which would raise the stakes from a "resisting a
> public officer" charge.

But EVERYONE should be allowed to call 911 to complain about a pizza
place, just like Pat says. :P

I think the US is becoming more of a police state -- there's no
question. However, the woman who repeatedly called about pizza needs
to be disciplined.

The story makes me wonder if the pizza place didn't have a good reason
to not deliver to her in the first place. Kinda wonder what kinda of
calls she made to them ...

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Schools Prohibit Personal E-mail Sites"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Corton Payphone???"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Last Laugh! 86 Year Old Woman Taken to Jail Account of 911 Call"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page