TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Spam and How to Spel it Rite

Spam and How to Spel it Rite

Lee Sweet (lee@datatel.com)
Thu, 26 May 2005 09:12:56 -0400

Note that one reason spammers use crappy English is to get around spam
filters (of course, they may be totally without English comprehension,
also!). I won't use some examples here so that this Digest won't get
caught in spam traps, but you all have seen the many 'creative'
spellings of certain drugs, with variable caps, spacings, punctuation,
etc.!

I also thought that they were just ignorant of good English for many
years, until I was told on an (anti-)spam email list that the point
was to avoid filters. Hm, good point. After all, how can you filter
all the millions of ways to misspell all the common drug names? :-)

> From: Steven Lichter <shlichter@diespammers.com>
> Subject: Re: Last Laugh! Your House at P.O. Box 4621
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 23:01:44 GMT

<snip>

> Customer Service wrote:
> Some of those offers clearly came from people who don't have any
> education at all; spelling of simple words are wrong, and some are not
> competent at English speaking as the sentences make very little sense. I
> filled out a few of the applications with bogus info and gave phone
> numbers of the FBI and Attorney General fraud numbers, if they are called,
> it should make and interesting conversation as they hangup when they hear
> who they reached.

> The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c)
> 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Lee Sweet
lee@datatel.com

Go to Next message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Cell Phone Users Want Media Services"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Minter: "More About WebTorrent's Raid on Wednesday"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page