TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: VOIP Provider Search

Re: VOIP Provider Search

John R. Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
25 May 2005 22:53:38 -0400

> I am pulling my hair out by the roots looking around for a provider.
> I can't yet confirm whether Cullowhee is local to Asheville, NC or
> not. A number in the Cullowhee area is (828) 227-XXXX if that helps
> anyone.

The wonderful local calling guide at
http://members.dandy.net/~czg/lca_index.php says that Cullowhee can
only make local calls to Cashiers and Sylva.

> Vonage has been no help.

My experience with Vonage was that they're never any help.

> Failing that, does anyone know an economical VOIP provider that can
> help me with this?

A little poking around reveals that Broadvoice offers numbers in both
Cashiers and Sylva. Packet8 offers numbers in Sylva. Take your pick.

R's,

John

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And SBC only allows local calling in
Independence to other Independence numbers. SBC subscribers cannot
call Coffeyville, Cherryvale, Parsons, Neoesha or anywhere else
without a toll charge. I know we are a rural area, but still ... PAT]

Go to Next message: sagor: "Re: Thinking About VOIP"
Go to Previous message: Don Bowey: "Re: Tangled up Over DSL - Some Cell Phone Users Demand to Stand"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "VOIP Provider Search"