TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?

First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?

usenet@outshine.com
25 May 2005 10:54:30 -0700

Has anyone recently received an unsolicited call from someone
representing "First Place?" They apparently make a Web promotion
product. Any information at all would be helpful.

Today I received an unsolicited call from them. The agent asked if I
owned outshine.com and then told me he had a product that would help
my site to make a lot of money. He asked me to open up a Web browser.
Unfortunately, I didn't give him a chance to give me a URL.

I told him to put me on his do not call list. He REFUSED. I asked
for his name. He refused. I told him he was violating at least US
law, and he needed to respond. He simply repeated, "don't you want to
make money with your site?"

The call came in "Unknown ID" so all I have is the moment he called,
his company name, and the very curious fact that he was able to
associate my private cell phone number with my public web site (the
domain name and the number are not publicly listed together, so I
think GoDaddy or Verisign sold my private account info).

If anyone got a call from "First Place," please reply to this post or
email me. Thanks.

-Tony

Go to Next message: Clark W. Griswold, Jr.: "Re: Packet8 DTMF Tones Sound "Clipped""
Go to Previous message: Fred Atkinson: "VOIP Provider Search"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?"
May be reply: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Re: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?"
May be reply: NOTvalid@XmasNYC.Info: "Re: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?"
May be reply: Julian Thomas: "Re: First Place, Web Promotion, Unsolicited Calls?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page