TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Switch Identification

Re: Switch Identification

Howard Eisenhauer (howarde@REMOVECAPShfx.eastlink.ca)
Sun, 22 May 2005 19:35:40 GMT

On Sat, 21 May 2005 17:39:42 -0400, Mike Cater <cater@cdvill66e.org>
wrote:

> Recently I switched service providers for my POTS line. We used to be
> using a WECo 5ESS, with the older line cards (the better sounding
> ones!). I switched to a cable provider and obtained a landline through
> them. It's not VOiP. It is routed through the same switch I used to
> use but it's not homed from that switch. So obviously this makes
> finding the CLLI of the switch alot harder.

> To get to the point, while messing around with the switchhook I got a
> strange busy signal. It's 1600 Hz on for 0.5 seconds, off for 0.5
> seconds. Here's a wav file of it: http://tinyurl.com/4dk34/busy.mp3

> If you have any idea of what kind of switch this is,
> please advise! Thanks.

Obviously, while playing with the hook switch you managed to connect
to the gate shack at a construction site- that sound is quite
definately a '95 Mack 3 ton dump truck in the process of backing up
:).

H.

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Thinking About VOIP"
Go to Previous message: Al Gillis: "Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use?"
May be in reply to: Mike Cater: "Switch Identification"