TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sprint Has a Surprise For "Wireless Web Access"

Re: Sprint Has a Surprise For "Wireless Web Access"

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sat, 21 May 2005 17:43:13 -0700

billemery wrote:

> I also have PCS Vision, that's for using the phone itself as the email
> device, the wireless web access is when you use it as a modem.
> That's where the surprise is.

Ah. *That* explains where the confusion is.

I'm a longtime regular poster in alt.cellular.sprintpcs and a Sprint
PCS customer since December of 2000. I speak with some experience but
no authority (I obviously don't speak for Sprint).

PCS Vision phone packages are billed two ways. You can pay $15 per
month flat-rate and get unlimited usage with a $10 monthly download
credit (which disappears each month if you don't use it) or if you
don't want the monthly credit you can pay $10. Or you can pay $0
monthly and pay one cent per kilobyte transferred.

I am not sure about the a la carte, per-KB package, but the unlimited
flat-rate package is for Vision use from the handset only, and doesn't
allow use of a computer plugged into the handset. For that, you would
need to buy a wireless data card from Sprint and get a separate plan.

It's in black and white on the website. Go to PCSVision.com. That
forwards you to Sprint's Vision homepage. Then scroll down to the
bottom of the page and click TERMS & CONDITIONS - you may need to set
your popup blocker to allow popups from Sprint's website, if you have
a popup blocker running.

In the T&C popup window, scroll down to "OTHER SPRINT PCS VISION
TERMS", which says, and I quote:

Other Sprint PCS Vision Terms. You will not receive voice calls while
using Vision. Vision is not available for use with server devices or
host computer applications, other systems that drive continuous heavy
traffic or data sessions, or as substitutes for private lines or frame
relay connections. Unlimited Vision plans/options may not be used
with Sprint PCS phones or smart phones being used as a modem in
connection with other equipment (e.g., computers, etc.) through use of
connection kits or other phone-to-computer/PDA accessories, or
Bluetooth or other wireless technology. We may terminate services
without notice for any misuse. You may have access to certain games,
ringers, screen savers and other items on our Vision site ("Premium
Services") that are available for an additional charge. You will be
billed for Premium Service purchases on your Sprint PCS invoice based
on the charges as specified at purchase. Subject to the terms of the
content purchased, we may delete premium and non-premium items
downloaded to any storage areas we may provide, including any
pictures, games and other content. We may limit the amount of Premium
Services you may purchase in a specific timeframe (month, week, day,
or other time period).

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Tie Lines (was Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use?"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out"
May be in reply to: billemery: "Sprint Has a Surprise For "Wireless Web Access""
TELECOM Digest: Home Page