TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use?

Re: Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use?

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Sat, 21 May 2005 06:47:18 -0000

In article <telecom24.224.13@telecom-digest.org>, TELECOM Digest
Editor noted in response to Robert Bonomi:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: As Robert knows, those four additional
> touch tone keys were known as A,B,C, and D. I forget the exact
> meaning of each, but my question is, did anyone with 'regular'
> service but with an Autovon phone ever try pressing those keys in
> a regular call? I did a couple times, and the immediate result was
> a 'fast busy' signal; the call would not complete. PAT]

On the PSTN, it somewhat depended on the switch and programming.
'Reorder' was the very-common switch reaction. There were a few
switches that completely 'ignored' those signals.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But did you ever see/hear any that
neither ignored nor offered re-order, but instead actually _did
something_ ? I never did. PAT]

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Minter: "An Incident Forty Years Ago at Bell Labs"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Foreign Exchange (FX) Lines Still in Use?"