TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Traveller Seeks Phone Advice

Re: Traveller Seeks Phone Advice

Joseph (
Tue, 17 May 2005 05:18:52 -0700

On Mon, 16 May 2005 14:57:18 -0700, Mark Crispin
<MRC@CAC.Washington.EDU> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 May 2005, John Levine wrote:

>> In the US, you have to get the phone from whoever sells the prepaid
>> service. You'd think you could just buy a SIM if you have a GSM
>> phone, but you can't.

> Both T-Mobile and Cingular say, at least at the local shops where I
> checked, that they'll sell a prepay SIM card to someone who has a
> suitable phone.

True, but you'll also get a better deal on card price and included
number of minutes if you look for sales on ebay.

Post Followup Article Use your browser's quoting feature to quote article into reply
Go to Next message: Dean M.: "Re: Will 911 Difficulties Derail VoIP?"
Go to Previous message: "Re: FAQ: How Real ID Will Affect You"
May be in reply to: D. Dude: "Traveller Seeks Phone Advice"
Next in thread: Joseph: "Re: Traveller Seeks Phone Advice"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page