TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Traveller Seeks Phone Advice

Re: Traveller Seeks Phone Advice

Mark Crispin (MRC@CAC.Washington.EDU)
Mon, 16 May 2005 14:57:18 -0700

On Sun, 16 May 2005, John Levine wrote:

> In the US, you have to get the phone from whoever sells the prepaid
> service. You'd think you could just buy a SIM if you have a GSM
> phone, but you can't.

Both T-Mobile and Cingular say, at least at the local shops where I
checked, that they'll sell a prepay SIM card to someone who has a
suitable phone.

-- Mark --
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Post Followup Article Use your browser's quoting feature to quote article into reply
Go to Next message: AES: "Re: Vonage Changes 911 to Opt-Out"
Go to Previous message: Thomas A. Horsley: "Re: Microsoft to Offer Anti-Virus Software, Service"
May be in reply to: D. Dude: "Traveller Seeks Phone Advice"
Next in thread: John Levine: "Re: Traveller Seeks Phone Advice"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page