TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Here's how Vonage-Verizon E-911 Will Work

Re: Here's how Vonage-Verizon E-911 Will Work

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
5 May 2005 20:39:22 -0000

> While the process documented mirrors the process for traditional
> landline phones, it doesn't address what happens when the VoIP user
> takes their phone someplace else and then calls 9-1-1. Which center
> is called? The one for their home of record or the one serving the
> hotel/motel/grandma's house?

What kind of nitwit would go to all of the effort of booting up a VoIP
phone in those circumstances rather than using the POTS phone next to
the bed?

The VoIP E911 issue only really matters for people using VoIP as a
primary home phone, and it is my distinct impression that those phones
rarely move.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: Justin Time: "Re: Who Gets to See the E-mail of the Deceased?"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Here's how Vonage-Verizon E-911 Will Work"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Here's how Vonage-Verizon E-911 Will Work"