TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Who Answers 911? Cell Phones and VoIP Put Responders to Test

Re: Who Answers 911? Cell Phones and VoIP Put Responders to Test

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
4 May 2005 00:46:26 -0000

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But SBC in those days was
> Southwestern Bell, and its eastern boundary was Missouri. Please
> correct me as needed, but weren't all or most of the -A- or
> 'competing' carriers in fact one 'Celluar One' (as a brand name) or
> another?

They were, but a whole lot of those Cell Ones were SBC (or maybe SWB
at the time) underneath. My cell phone here in upstate NY is now
Cingular and was originally Cell One, but it was always SWB/SBC
underneath. Ditto the Bell Atlantic Cell Ones in much of New England
before they merged with NYNEX and had to sell them off.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: BV124@aol.com: "Re: Who Answers 911? Cell Phones and VoIP Put Responders to Test"
Go to Previous message: Neal McLain: "Re: How is Weather Channel Data Delivered to Cable Headend"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Who Answers 911? Cell Phones and VoIP Put Responders to Test"