TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Unstable SS7 Links and G.703 Baluns

Unstable SS7 Links and G.703 Baluns

sarkar.abhik@gmail.com
2 May 2005 23:34:43 -0700

Hi,

We are connecting some Cisco SS7 equipment (ITP) to a GSM network using
Black Box G.703 balun modules. Attached is a schematic diagram of the
connections.

The links work fine most of the time. But, occasionally all the E1
links on the Cisco SS7 equipment go down. We haven't yet found what
causes the problem. Usually the only way for the links to come up is
to reboot the equipment or sometimes to shutdown and startup the E1
controllers.

We have some connections going straight to another SS7 equipment
through a couple of baluns. We suspect these connections might be
causing some problem because we haven't got the grouding configuration
correct for the balun's involved in these connections. Ever since we
have disconnected these connections the problem seems to have
vanished.

Can someone suggest anything or has someone seen any problem like this
before?

Thanks,

Abhik.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Abhick's schematic diagram was _not_
included with his message. Perhaps any of you who know about this
topic can commuicate direct with him as needed. PAT]

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Time Warner: Computer Back-Up Tapes Lost"
Go to Previous message: Stanley Cline: "Re: Last Laugh! What's Purchased in Omaha is Useless in Omaha"
May be reply: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Unstable SS7 Links and G.703 Baluns"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page