TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sharpton Wants U.S. FCC to Step in on Violent Radio

Re: Sharpton Wants U.S. FCC to Step in on Violent Radio

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Mon, 02 May 2005 16:33:37 -0700

Lisa Minter wrote:

> Al Sharpton, a community activist and one-time Democratic presidential
> candidate, on Thursday urged the government to step in to stop what he
> said was violence fomented by radio stations.

Al Sharpton is not one to be commenting on this. I recall at least one
major incidence of violence where he was eager to jump in and get some
publicity for himself. I don't think he actually cared about the
victim.

> He noted two incidents, one with Grammy winner Lil' Kim in 2001,
> involving shootings outside a New York hip hop station owned by Emmis
> Communications Corp., Hot 97 FM.

I wish I could comment, but I'd need to know something about the
specific incidents before I could say anything.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: NOTvalid@surplus4actors.INFO: "Re: Spam Mentioning "242 W. 36th St""
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Google Eyes / The Company Everyone Loves Knows More About You"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Sharpton Wants U.S. FCC to Step in on Violent Radio"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page