TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The End of Analog TV

Re: The End of Analog TV

Gene S. Berkowitz (first.last@comcast.net)
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:23:03 -0400

In article <telecom24.186.12@telecom-digest.org>, Tim@Backhome.org
says:

> Anyone have any idea what the converter boxes for NTSC sets will
> cost?

I would find it amazing if they retail for more than US$99.

The technology is just too cheap. This task could be handled by the
equivalent of a Tivo or Xbox, and reduced to an ASIC, you're looking
at sub-$50. A perfect example of this is DVD players. I paid $200
for my first one; now they're $30 "door-buster" specials at the local
BigBox.

--Gene

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Is There a Device to Block Selected Incoming Numbers"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Michigan Threatens to Sue Vonage - Claims 911 Limitations"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "The End of Analog TV"