TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: 10base-T & POTS in same Cat-5 cable?

Re: 10base-T & POTS in same Cat-5 cable?

GlowingBlueMist (nobody@invalid.com)
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:35:45 -0500

DaveC <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> Is it acceptable to use 1 pair in a Cat-5 cable for POTS when 2 pair
> are being used for 10base-T? Wondering about cross-talk, etc.,
> introducing noise between these two.

> Thanks,

> Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't
> ask a question here if I hadn't done that already.

> DaveC
> me@privacy.net
> This is an invalid return address
> Please reply in the news group

No problem if you use 10base-T , usually none on 100base-T, but not
compatible if you plan to use or upgrade to 1000base-T which some
computers switches and routers are now supporting.

Go to Next message: Danny Burstein: "NYS AG Spitzer Again; This Time vrs Spyware/Malware"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Main Web Site Hackers Are Schoolboys, Watchdog Says"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page