TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Can You Hook Home Alarm System With Vonage Service?

Can You Hook Home Alarm System With Vonage Service?

lothario4real@yahoo.com
24 Apr 2005 17:30:20 -0700

Is it possible to hook up my Vonage to the home alarm system service
(Brinks Security)? Or do I still need to get an analog phone line from
Southwestern Bell? Thanks.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: It _should_ be possible, but bear in
mind one thing burglars sometimes do is cut the electrical wire to
your house; that would as a result cut off your computer's electrical
supply, and kill your Vonage phone. Some alarm companies also have a
method of dealing not only with a call _into_ them, but also a way of
telling when their device has been _disconnected_ from the phone
line. I am not sure how well that would work when using Vonage, so you
might want to have the Brinks representative there to look at it
also. PAT]

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Pope Gets an Email Account"
Go to Previous message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "MCI Accepts Qwest's Raised Offer; Verizon May Raise Bid"
May be reply: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Can You Hook Home Alarm System With Vonage Service?"
May be reply: Tony P.: "Re: Can You Hook Home Alarm System With Vonage Service?"
May be reply: DevilsPGD: "Re: Can You Hook Home Alarm System With Vonage Service?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page