TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Lingo (Primus Telecommunications) Horror Story

Re: Lingo (Primus Telecommunications) Horror Story

R. T. Wurth (rwurth@att.net)
Sat, 23 Apr 2005 22:51:10 GMT

[posted and mailed]

Ed <poepauv@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Here's my VOIP phone story:

> I signed up for Lingo on August 13, 2004. They've never sent me
> equipment and they've never let me quit.

[... details snipped. ]

> In total, Primus Telecommunications has charged my card a total of 4
> times successfully. In addition, it has made other unsuccessful
> attempts as well.

> Each time the charge on my card has been reversed by MBNA. So far,
> Primus Telecommunications has received zero dollars from me and has in
> turn given me zero telephone service.

> Today, I received a letter saying I've got 10 days to pay Primus
> Telecommunications 61.99 or they turn me over to a collection agency.

[...]

> What would you do if you were in my situation?

> Ed

Know your rights with respect to collection agencies. Just say "No,"
and they have to leave you alone. See the Fair Collection Practices
Act summary at the US Gov't's Consumer Info Center:

<http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/money/fair-debt/fair-dbt.htm>

Rich Wurth / rwurth@att.net / Rumson, NJ USA

Go to Next message: News Subsystem: "Re: It Happened Again"
Go to Previous message: Dean: "Re: How We Made Our Own Carnivore"
May be in reply to: Ed: "Lingo (Primus Telecommunications) Horror Story"