TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Spam Scam Exploits Pope's Death

Re: New Spam Scam Exploits Pope's Death

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:55:49 -0700

lisa_minter2001@yahoo.com wrote:

> A new spam campaign is exploiting people's interest in and grief over
> the death of Pope John Paul II.

This is not surprising. Spammers have tried to capitalize on 9/11, the
Asian tsunami and other tragedies.

No news here; move along, please.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, all these complainers should
> read the advice given by our resident anti-spam expert, Robert Bonomi
> who would tell them (1) any real man would know how to get his
> computer to do his bidding if only they would get rid of the
> Microsoft stuff on it and (2) if they really can't hack it, then
> give up the computer and the net totally. Sounds like a good deal to
> me. PAT]

Part of the problem IS MicroSlop. They've finally learned, with
Windows 2000/XP/2003, how to build an operating system that doesn't
crash. They still have issues with building an operating system that
can't easily be broken into.

But in cases like this, I think the problem is more of a social
problem than a technical problem.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: Paul Vader: "Re: New Spam Scam Exploits Pope's Death"
Go to Previous message: Jack Decker: "SBC, Vonage Working on 911 Service Access Deal"
May be in reply to: lisa_minter2001@yahoo.com: "New Spam Scam Exploits Pope's Death"