TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: PPC Advertising, Click Fraud, and Its Effect on Search Engines

Re: PPC Advertising, Click Fraud, and Its Effect on Search Engines

Greg Skinner (gds@best.com)
19 Apr 2005 17:21:09 -0000

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: As for myself, I cannot really picture
> 'five hundred thousand zombie computers scattered across three
> continents'. If so, under whose coordination? A gang of crackers all
> working in concert to cheat some advertiser's competitor, by running
> up his advertising bill? Seems sort of improbable to me. PAT]

It's not so hard to imagine if you consider the way viruses are spread
to launch spam, DDoS attacks, etc. The virus authors or cracker-gangs
aren't necessarily working to cheat competitors; they're just being
disruptive.

--gregbo

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: PPC Advertising, Click Fraud, and Its Effect on Search Engines"
Go to Previous message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Verizon, NBC Uni Sign Carriage Deal"
May be in reply to: Greg Skinner: "PPC Advertising, Click Fraud, and Its Effect on Search Engines"