TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: SprintPCS Lousy Web Interface

SprintPCS Lousy Web Interface

D. M. Hendricks (dmhendricks@despammed.com)
18 Apr 2005 10:14:34 -0700

Ok, so I received a fraudulent call on my SprintPCS phone this
weekend. Someone claiming to be a SBC Representative and stating
that I have an account balance due of $117 and I can pay now with
check or credit. I quickly hung up and called SBC, who confirmed
this was not the case and that they did not make the call.

Being a good citizen, I'd like to report the fraud incident with the
phone number. Unfortunately, the caller ID was blocked on my Sprint
phone. I called Sprint to get the number, but they said my billing
cycle ended yesterday (a day after I received the call) and that they
could not pull up calling history from that period (!!). She said I
could either wait for my invoice in the mail or look it up online.
Not wanting to wait for snail mail to report a phone number that will
likely disappear in days, I tried to go online to check where the call
originated from.

Their MyPCS is an UNHOLY PILE OF HORSE MANURE. It's quite possibly
the slowest interface I've ever used, taking ~10 minutes to load each
page. Before I can get to my latest invoice, it usually times out and
requires me to login again, and I get to start all over. I've been
trying for hours to view my damn invoice online.

It's good to know that Sprint cares so much about fraud prevention.
Why is it so terribly difficult to find out who called me?

"SprintPCS - The clear alternative to cellular"

Go to Next message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Intel to Launch WiMAX Chip"
Go to Previous message: geermeister@gmail.com: "Journalist Seeking Source, Mobile Phone Cracker or Related Expert"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: SprintPCS Lousy Web Interface"
May be reply: Joseph: "Re: SprintPCS Lousy Web Interface"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: SprintPCS Lousy Web Interface"
May be reply: D. M. Hendricks: "Re: SprintPCS Lousy Web Interface"
May be reply: Steve Sobol: "Re: SprintPCS Lousy Web Interface"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page