TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Is RocketVoIP Deceiving Customers Regarding "Unlimited" VoIP

Is RocketVoIP Deceiving Customers Regarding "Unlimited" VoIP

Jack Decker (jack-yahoogroups@withheld_on_request)
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:09:58 -0400

A disturbing post just appeared on BroadbandReports.com -- I have
removed references to RocketVoIP from the Resources for Michigan
Telephone Users web site until and unless this issue is resolved.

"Hi all ... I have a problem with RocketVoip (www.rocketvoip.com) They
said their service is unlimited ($24.95) and suddenly they sent me an
email about a week ago, telling me that I'm not qualified as a
residential user and they asked me to switch to business plan. Please
read the attached email. ..."

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,13170575

How to Distribute VoIP Throughout a Home:
http://michigantelephone.mi.org/distribute.html

If you live in Michigan, subscribe to the MI-Telecom group:

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: This sounds a lot like our friend
Sprint's old "Friday Free" plan doesn't it? Remember that one? Sprint
tricked people into signing up for long distance by lying to them
saying their Friday traffic would always be free to _residential_
customers. Soon thereafter we started hearing from folks who said
Sprint had written them a letter saying they were not a 'qualified'
residential account, so they would have to pay for their Friday
calls. Sprint signed the letters with some phone name (I forget off
hand what it was), and many folks, including myself tried time after
time to reach the person to ask him what it was about, and what made
persons 'qualified'. I don't think anyone ever did reach that person,
and as to be expected, no one in Sprint customer service ever had any
idea what it was about.

If the original writer wants to send along the email saying they were
not 'qualified', and assuming it has a good name on it, we will try
to reach that person and ask them what it is all about, and to explain
the qualifications required. PAT]

Go to Next message: william_warren@withheld_on_request: "Can I Port an 800 Number Without the Old Carrier's Permission?"
Go to Previous message: Choreboy: "Cell Phone Wearing Out?"
May be reply: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Is RocketVoIP Deceiving Customers Regarding "Unlimited" VoIP"
May be reply: Tom Lynn: "Re: Is RocketVoIP Deceiving Customers Regarding "Unlimited" VoIP"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page