TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager

Re: Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager

Michael D. Sullivan (userid@camsul.example.invalid)
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:16:20 GMT

-mhd wrote:

> Steve Stone <zpfleck@zitlink.zet> wrote:

>> Phonetray free works for me in these situations. A nice addition to
>> my 'always on' home file server. All you need is an old voice modem
>> that does callerid decode.

>> http://phonetray.traysoft.com/freecalleridsoftware_features.htm

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Exactly how does Phonetray work? Can
>> you explain your experience with it in more detail for us? PAT]

> There are tons of similar programs such as Identafone. Just Google for
> 'caller id software'.

> -mhd

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe you, or someone can explain to me
> how to use Google search on multiple word expressions. For example, if
> I Google for 'Patrick Townson' I get a jillion entries, but not all of
> them for that entire name: I get many entries for 'Patrick' this and
> 'Patrick' that; ditto for various Townson(s), only occassionally in
> the desired context of 'Patrick Townson'. Either single or double
> quoting the entire expression does not seem to help and with clusters
> of numbers it seems to act like a calculator. What are the rules on
> Google Searches and where can I find them? Anyone? PAT]

Put it in double quotes: "Patrick Townson". Otherwise, Google will
assume you mean Patrick AND Townson.

Michael D. Sullivan
Bethesda, MD (USA)
(Replace "example.invalid" with "com" in my address.)

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager"
Go to Previous message: -mhd: "Re: Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager"
May be in reply to: Paratwa: "Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager"