TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Study: Consumers Oppose Cell Phones in Flight

Re: Study: Consumers Oppose Cell Phones in Flight

AES (siegman@stanford.edu)
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:58:55 -0700

In article <telecom24.157.6@telecom-digest.org>, Marcus Didius Falco
<falco_marcus_didius@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

http://www.wirelessweek.com/index.asp?layout=3Ddocument&doc_id=3D1340004344

> www.wirelessweek.com

> Study: Consumers Oppose Cell Phones in Flight
> By Susan Rush
> April 8, 2005
> news@2 direct

> Worried about "air rage" and constant phone calls, 67 percent of air
> travelers would prefer current airborne cell phone restrictions remain
> in place, according to a new air passenger poll.

> For more information go to:
> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

I don't know whether I'd have the guts (or the rudeness) to carry
through on this, but if I found myself on a long flight forced to
listen to endless cell phone conversations from all around me, I'd be
greatly tempted to pull out a "boom-box" tape player and switch it on
with some possibly unpleasant music or audio at similar volume in
retaliation.

Flying, which used to be a moderately pleasant occasion to relax,
read, work, or just sleep, has become a more than sufficiently
unpleasant experience in recent years. If cell phone users are going
to pollute the audio environment in the cabin sufficiently to make it
even more unpleasant for others, surely so can we music lovers ...

Go to Next message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Book Review: Goodbye to Privacy"
Go to Previous message: Steve Stone: "Re: Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager"
May be in reply to: Marcus Didius Falco: "Study: Consumers Oppose Cell Phones in Flight"