TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Administrivia: A Temporary Outage

Administrivia: A Temporary Outage

ptownson (ptownson@massis.lcs.mit.edu)
Sat, 09 Apr 2005 15:00:00 EDT

Sometime late Friday afternoon, the _alias name_ 'telecom-digest.org'
went out of order. This alias is routed through John Levine's computer
in New York. It came back on line Saturday late morning or early
afternoon. When this happens, any netter who requests the URL
http://telecom-digest.org simply draws a blank. But, anyone who uses
the real name http://massis.lcs.mit.edu/telecom-archives does get
through (unless massis also happens to go down). Although we would
_prefer_ to be known as 'telecom-digest.org' to the internet world,
we can go by 'massis.lcs.mit.edu' as needed. If you tried to reach
this site Friday afternoon/evening/overnight into Saturday morning
and kept 'drawing blanks', please remember this and use our alternate
(but original) URL, and you should get through that way.

Patrick

Go to Next message: KOS: "Question About SKYPE and Using Lingo; Will There be a Problem?"
Go to Previous message: Paratwa: "Re: Harrasing Annoying Ex Boyfriend Phone Calls CALLER ID Manager"
May be reply: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Administrivia: A Temporary Outage"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page