TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Google Maps

Re: Google Maps

AES (siegman@stanford.edu)
Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:52:37 -0700

In article <telecom24.151.11@telecom-digest.org>, Steve Sobol
<sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote:

> AES wrote:

>> I don't know how to solve the problem (the very real, serious, and
>> IMHO increasing) problem of corruption of many of our primary
>> information sources and media by advertising I'd willingly pay a
>> significant subscription fee for access to a Google equivalent that
>> was equally good and that I could be sure was and would remain truly
>> advertiser independent.

> There is no such thing. (No, not even public TV and radio, they have
> corporate sponsorships too, and have had them for quite some time.)

I know. And the Business section of the NY Times reports today that GM
has announced that it's terminating all its advertising in the Los
Angeles Times "for an indefinite period" because it doesn't like the way
the paper treats GM in its news and Auto sections. Think about that ...

Go to Next message: John McHarry: "Re: Sperm - Not so Mobile"
Go to Previous message: Kenneth P. Stox: "Re: VoIP Adapter With High REN?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page