TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Real Reason Why SBC Won't Work With Vonage on E-911

Re: The Real Reason Why SBC Won't Work With Vonage on E-911

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Tue, 05 Apr 2005 22:17:59 -0700

Michael D. Sullivan wrote:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: My next question, to Steven, is about
>> Alltel's purchase of Cellular One. _Which_ Cellular One? I had always
>> thought 'Cellular One' was a brand name for a consortium of various
>> cellular carriers which used the 'Cellular One' name. PAT]

> Alltel is acquiring Western Wireless, which not only uses the Cellular
> One brand name in its business as other companies do, it owns the brand
> and franchises use of the name.

Gah! Thanks, Michael. Yes. Western Wireless purchased the CellularONE
brand name from SBC. The many SBC CellularONE markets became
Cingular. Dobson CellularONE and Western Wireless CellularONE remained
CellularONE. WW owned the brand for a few years; Dobson owns a C1
franchise. Anyone have a list of the other C1 franchisees?

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Dobson owns the Cellular One franchise
here in Independence, and a few miles southeast of here in Liberty, KS
has an antenna set up which is used not only by Cellular One but by
other carriers such as Cingular Wireless and US Cellular and Alltel.
PAT]

Go to Next message: AES: "Re: Google Maps"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: The Real Reason Why SBC Won't Work With Vonage on E-911"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "The Real Reason Why SBC Won't Work With Vonage on E-911"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page