TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Real Reason Why SBC Won't Work With Vonage on E-911

Re: The Real Reason Why SBC Won't Work With Vonage on E-911

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Mon, 04 Apr 2005 20:12:40 -0700

Justin Time wrote:

> The better rumor regarding Verizon and their plans is on the wireless
> front. They will let Sprint merge with Nextel and then take Sprint
> Wireless. Sprint PCS is the only other major CDMA carrier.

Wrong. Alltel just got a lot larger by buying CellularONE, and USCC is
not a bit player either (although they're significantly smaller than
the others).

Then, TELECOM Digest Editor questioned:

> My second question is, isn't the walkie-talkie feature of Nextel
> really just a fancy sort of speed dial which transmits over the
> speaker phone?

No.

> Nextel 'walkie talkie' style phone and my friend in Chicago used his
> Nextel walkie-talkie phone to call me, it surely would not go over
> some airwaves would it? PAT]

It would.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: My next question, to Steven, is about
Alltel's purchase of Cellular One. _Which_ Cellular One? I had always
thought 'Cellular One' was a brand name for a consortium of various
cellular carriers which used the 'Cellular One' name. PAT]

Go to Next message: Justin Time: "Re: The Real Reason Why SBC Won't Work With Vonage on E-911"
Go to Previous message: Telecom dailyLead from USTA: "Verizon Threatens to Walk Away From MCI Offer"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "The Real Reason Why SBC Won't Work With Vonage on E-911"