TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Classic Telephone Call on PC

Re: Classic Telephone Call on PC

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:48:41 -0000

In article <telecom24.142.9@telecom-digest.org>, Gerhard Nowak
<nonspam@gmx.net> wrote:

> Thanks for answering. Now I`m a bit released. I just thought, only I
> don't see the solution.

> But why is it working on VoIp so easily?

> My problem is to connect my international calls via VoIp to local
> calls from people don`t have ADSL so that these people can talk
> together. Here in Mauritius not many people can afford ADSL and is
> much more expensive than in the States or in Europe.

> I thought, the realisation of this idea must be much easier ...

Heck, why didn't you _say_ that's what you wanted to do? Doing -that-
is an entirely different matter than what you first asked about.

See <http://www.asterisk.org>

The price is right -- the software is free, Although it won't run
under MS Windows, the Windows "replacement" that is required is also
free.

> But thanks anyway I will continue to look for a possibility, maybe I can
> at least manage to weld the Phone-cable to my headset ... like in the
> old times with accoustic coupler ... or switch to Linux.

Ding, ding, ding! we have a winner! Asterisk requires Linux, or similar.

Go to Next message: SELLCOM Tech support: "Re: New Sponsor Comes on Board With Digest Web Site"
Go to Previous message: Tony P.: "Re: Does Your Computer Look Like This?"
May be in reply to: Gerhard Nowak: "Classic Telephone Call on PC"