TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sprint PCS Vision Added to Open Relay DataBase

Re: Sprint PCS Vision Added to Open Relay DataBase

jmeissen@aracnet.com
1 Apr 2005 16:22:38 GMT

Eric Friedebach <friedebach@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It seems that Sprint has been added to the Open Relay DataBase
> <www.ordb.org> by mistake somehow. Sprint has no idea how this
> happened, and they can't tell me when this will be resolved.

Riiiigghht. From the ORDB web pages, "stores IP-addresses of verified
open SMTP relays." The verification is done by a series of automated
tests. They also attempt to notify the postmaster at the listed site
when they become listed, and removal is as easy as requesting to be
retested.

Frankly, I wouldn't believe anything a Sprint customer service rep
tells me. It's their job to make you believe that any problem with
service is not theirs.

John Meissen jmeissen@aracnet.com

Go to Next message: Patrick Townson: "Does Your Computer Look Like This?"
Go to Previous message: Dave Garland: "Re: Sprint PCS Vision Added to Open Relay DataBase"
May be in reply to: Eric Friedebach: "Sprint PCS Vision Added to Open Relay DataBase"