TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Fax Station ID

Re: Fax Station ID

Rich Greenberg (richgr@panix.com)
30 Mar 2005 16:32:28 -0500

<NOTvalid@surplus4actors.INFO> wrote:

> John Schmerold wrote:

>> Anyone know if it's a law or regulation that requires faxes to include
>> station identification at top of every page sent ?

> Yes ... but

> Only if made after a certain year.

> My 4800bps fax card from my XT which I still use is exempt.

Time to upgrade. Adding the ID is not the responsibity of the modem,
but of the fax software that drives the modem. Winfax in my case.
Newer faxes do 14.4 kbaud faxes.

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Fax Station ID"
Go to Previous message: John Hines: "Re: Blackboards vs. Whiteboards"
May be in reply to: John Schmerold: "Fax Station ID"