TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Grounding a Vonage System

Re: Grounding a Vonage System

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:45:20 -0500

Alex Batson wrote:

> Greetings:

> I've just subscribed to Vonage and just hooked everything up. When I
> press a key to clear the dial-tone, the empty line has a bit of snowy,
> white-noise in the background. This isn't anything that sounds like
> electrical interference, and there's no 'hum' in the line actually.
> It's not 99% silent like my Verizon land-line is, but then again, that
> demarc is grounded, and my Vonage isn't.

Actually, it *should* be grounded in a sense, through the electrical
connection it requires.

Are you using a Linksys PAP2? There is a known issue with some of these
units where background "static" is heavy. You should call either Vonage
or Linksys and complain, or if you bought the unit retail and are still
within your return period, go back and exchange the unit. Other users
have gotten their PAP2s replaced for this same problem.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Grounding a Vonage System"
Go to Previous message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Cell Phone Jammer For Sale MONIX MGB-1S"
May be in reply to: Alex Batson: "Grounding a Vonage System"