TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?

Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones?

Michael Quinn (quinnm@bah.com)
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:05:43 -0500

These are reported to be the bands where these phones operate -- no
wonder they're illegal in the US, and probably elsewhere as well.

130 - 136 MHz: Commercial Air Traffic Control.
138 - 174 MHz: Primary Land Mobile/2 Meter Ham Band/Civil/Marine, etc.
225 - 400 MHz: US Military, NATO/Air Traffic Control, Comm/Data Links,
SATCOM, Telemetry, etc.

Tony P. <kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net> also noted:

> From what I've read about these units they operate in the amateur radio
> band so I take sort of strong offense to that.

Go to Next message: Rob: "Re: Phoning 0870 and 0844 UK Numbers Out of Free Minutes"
Go to Previous message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Re: New Long Range Cordless Phones"
May be in reply to: Dave: "New Long Range Cordless Phones?"