TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Intertel Eclipse Telephone Programming

Re: Intertel Eclipse Telephone Programming

T. Sean Weintz (strap@hanh-ct.org)
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:50:42 -0500

marcsanders2003@yahoo.com wrote:

> Anybody with technical knowledge of the InterTel Eclipse telephone
> system? Here's what I'm trying to do:

> I'm trying to set up a shared mailbox. In other words, I've added a
> new extension, 262, and I want it to use the voice mailbox of 214. So
> both extensions will be using mailbox 214. I would also like
> notification of messages to go to 262.

> It seems fairly simple, but so far nothing seems to work.

> Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think that can be done.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Quite a few years ago, I had two lines
in Skokie, IL -- ORchard 7 9510 and ORchard 7 9511. Both had Voicemail
on them from Ameritech; both were handled from 9511. I think what
Ameritech told me was there was only one voicemail box in reality,
probably on 9511 (which was a roll-over line from 9510) and that the
voicemail on 9510 was 'aliased' to 9511. When someone dialed into 9510
and the voicemail was to pick up, the alias pointed at 9511; not
only for the storage of messages, but also notification in the form
of a flashing red LED on the phone. PAT]

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Texas Sues Vonage Over 911 Problem"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Our Telephonic Primacy"
May be in reply to: marcsanders2003@yahoo.com: "Intertel Eclipse Telephone Programming"