TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Feds: Criminals Luuuuv Those Open 802.11 Networks

Re: Feds: Criminals Luuuuv Those Open 802.11 Networks

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:56:27 -0800

Tim@Backhome.org wrote:

> It is so easy to secure WiFi, at least against most intruders. I can
> receive four other home WiFi signals in my condo. Like mine, all the
> others are secured. So, I guess me and my neighbors are smarter than
> some of these dummies. ;-)

Are you using 802.11b or g? g, with WPA, is far better than WEP, due
to the way WPA handles encryption keys.

--New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: VoIP and Bell DSL: Is it Ready For Prime Time?"
Go to Previous message: Daniel J McDonald: "Re: Hackers Target U.S. Power Grid"
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "Feds: Criminals Luuuuv Those Open 802.11 Networks"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page