TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone ATT

Re: Cell Phone ATT

Scott (witheld@giganews.com)
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:04:01 -0500

Cingular is successor-in-interest to ATTWS, and as such, your contract
is automatically assigned to Cingular. Contract law states that
unless the contract specifically does not allow assignment, it is
assignable.

<absmith3@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have an ATT contract dated in Oct- 2004- before Cingular bought ATT.
> Now Cingular is saying that I owe it $170 for cancellation fee if I
> transfer service to Verizon.

> My contract was with ATT and I never signed anything with
> Cingular. So, looks like the ATT contract is shakey at best. Does
> anybody have any experience similar to mine and didn't pay for
> cancellation fees?

> Thanks,

> Abby

Go to Next message: Isaiah Beard: "Re: Cell Phone ATT"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Cell Phone ATT"
May be in reply to: absmith3@hotmail.com: "Cell Phone ATT"