TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing

Re: Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing

SELLCOM Tech support (support@sellcom.com)
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:56:22 GMT

ptownson@massis.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Townson) posted on that vast
internet thingie:

> Buffy was all excited and in trying to get out the door with me in
> it she knocked me down. I fell, banged up my own face pretty well,
> and chipped a tooth which was about gone anyway. Remember, she _is_
> a very big dog, weighing close to a hundred pounds

Well, I have read and found that it is a good idea to train a dog to
"stay" until you have gone out (or in) and then tell them to come.
You are the leader of the pack.

A puppy is a puppy and your puppy did not intend to harm you and
apparently was trying to please/obey you.

I am sorry to hear of your hurt and wish you a speedy recovery. It
sounds like you have a loyal canine friend for many years.

You may wish to solicit a favor or two from any local dog trainer
(those people AMAZE me though I have had dogs for many years).

Regards,

Steve

http://www.sellcom.com
Discount multihandset cordless phones by Panasonic
5.8Ghz 2line; TMC ET4300 4line Epic phone, OnHoldPlus, Brickmail voicemail
Brick wall "non MOV" surge protection. Firewood splitters www.splitlogs.com
If you sit at a desk www.ergochair.biz. New www.electrictrains.biz

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And thanks for your encouraging words
also. I am going to speak to Dr. Epp (veternarian) or the lady who
grooms pets (Buffy was taken to get a bath a couple days after she
first got here) and see if either of them can recommend a good dog
trainer. Maybe the animal shelter will know of someone. PAT]

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "Mobile Phone Porn Set for Sales Spike - Survey"
Go to Previous message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing"