TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Rep. Fred Upton apparently sold out to incumbent telcos

Re: Rep. Fred Upton apparently sold out to incumbent telcos

R Collinge (rcollinge@yahoo.com)
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:12:27 -0600

Hi Jack,

Are you reading Rep Upton's comments correctly? I had interpreted his
quote as something like, "It is scary that we were so close to
disaster, which could easily have happened if not for a few brave
commissioners and judges." I read his thought as being that we need
federal regulation to keep the hungry states permanently at bay.

Also, I certainly agree with your point about international
competition holding the power of regulators in check. FWIW, I
commented to the FCC on the Vonage petition back in November '03, and
think I mentioned it then, too.

Bob

----- Original Message -----
From: Jack Decker
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:09 PM
Subject: [VoIP News] Rep. Fred Upton apparently sold out to
incumbent telcos

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Jack Decker *did say* in a later
message the same day (both original message and retraction were
printed here in the last issue) that there was a misunderstanding
in the way he interpreted the message. PAT]

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Attacked by a Dog Which was Playing"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Iridium II: Is Satellite Radio Doomed?"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Rep. Fred Upton apparently sold out to incumbent telcos"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page