TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Long Distance Carrier Verification

Re: Long Distance Carrier Verification

No Spam (nospam@resi.com)
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:12:52 -0500

At 05:50 PM 3/10/05, Michael Muderick wrote to inquire:

> Has anyone tried 700-555-4141 lately to verify long distance carrier?
> It's still a published number, but in the Phila. area, I keep getting
> a busy signal. Is there a new number available?

> Michael Muderick

I'm sure someone will chime in with the 'official' word, but in
practice I've always used 700-555-4141 as the inTER-lata PIC
verification, and 700-555-4242 as the inTRA-lata PIC verification (not
applicable in all markets). That having been said, your carrier of
choice still has to have translations set up for that to work. I
believe historically the LEC's would send anything in NPA 700 to the
PIC'd carrier.

It worked from my home phone about two months ago (Philly suburban),
and it does work from my Focal (clec) provided service here as well.

The other thing you can do is try 'double 0' to get to the PIC'd LD
operator. That might tell you something, but if the PIC'd carrier is
a reseller, you could end up anywhere.

Good luck!

Joshua

my opinions are my own and not necessarily those of my employer
but sometimes we agree

Go to Next message: LB@notmine.com: "Re: Drug-Error Risk at Hospitals Tied to Computers"
Go to Previous message: Choreboy: "Technion"
May be in reply to: Michael Muderick: "Long Distance Carrier Verification"