TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Toll-Free Number Pointed to Sprint PCS Handset

Re: Toll-Free Number Pointed to Sprint PCS Handset

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:35:57 -0500

Eric Friedebach wrote:

> not sure which carrier the toll-free is now, but I will change it
> to one of the two carriers I use for the other toll-free numbers I
> have now, either TTI (Worldcom) or United Nortel, with a leaning to
> United Nortel.

> Does anybody see a problem with my idea?

Not at all. I have an MCI toll free number that points to my Sprint
PCS phone, and have had no problems with it. All that's needed is to
give your PCS number to MCI as the "ring to" number, and you're set.

FYI, mobile-to-mobile calls will not be billed as such if the other
person calls your toll free number, because the call is being routed
off the Sprint network and then back on to it. So if you have
unlimited PCS to PCS calls, be sure the other party calls your cell
number, and not the toll free number.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I have a toll-free 800 number pointed
to my regular number, but in order to know *who is paying for the
call* and partly to select the correct answer phrase, I have it ring
in on a distinctive (ring-ring) line, as opposed to just my regular
line. If I hear that ring-ring, I know it is a call on the 800 line,
or just a wrong number dialed in on the distinctive number. PAT]

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Toll-Free Number Pointed to Sprint PCS Handset"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Hancock: "New Monopoly in Dept Stores -- Federated and May Co to Merge"
May be in reply to: Eric Friedebach: "Toll-Free Number Pointed to Sprint PCS Handset"