TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Arbitration Left ID Theft Victim With $27,000 Bill

Re: Arbitration Left ID Theft Victim With $27,000 Bill

Lisa Hancock (hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com)
25 Feb 2005 12:11:25 -0800

Marcus Didius Falco wrote:

> Washington Post Staff Writer

> Beth Plowman, a Damascus international public health adviser, was
> shocked when she discovered that a $27,240 arbitration judgment had
> been levied against her for credit card charges incurred by an
> identity thief who bought sporting goods all across Europe.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: What I do not understand, is who put
> in the fix with the 'arbitrator'? Was it the credit card company or
> the collection agency or ...? How could the credit card company ever
> have reached a decision that the person was responsible for the fraud?
> PAT]

Yes, I thought your liability from a 'stolen' card (which this
is) was $50.00?

Go to Next message: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: U.S. Appeals Court Debates Anti-Piracy TV"
Go to Previous message: Angus TeleManagement: "Telecom Update (Canada) #470, February 25, 2005"
May be in reply to: Marcus Didius Falco: "Arbitration Left ID Theft Victim With $27,000 Bill"