TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Are ISPs Blocking VoIP Calls?

Re: Are ISPs Blocking VoIP Calls?

mike xero (mikesero@yahoo.com)
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 05:26:42 PST

I brought this up months ago, about what would stop ISP's from doing
this? And I actually don't believe even if the ISP's do block or
degrade the service if they are breaking any kind of law. VOIP
company's insist they are not phone companies, so they skirt the 911
issue. And since data -- ip is not a regulated service, and since VOIP
isn't regulated either, why should the FCC care? So, does the FCC
regulate VOIP? So they can protect them, and if so do they fall under
the telecom laws -- if so USF,911 etc. Welcome to the world of telecom
VOIP carriers, its a tough field.

--- Jack Decker <jack-yahoogroups@withheld on request> wrote:

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: See original article submitted by
Jack Decker elsewhere in this current issue of the Digest. PAT]

Go to Next message: Marcus Didius Falco: "Arbitration Left ID Theft Victim With $27,000 Bill"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Hancock: "Re: Buyouts of AT&T, MCI Sign of Long Distance's Demise"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Are ISPs Blocking VoIP Calls?"