TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Telemarketing?

Re: Telemarketing?

Wesrock@aol.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:33:52 EST

In a message dated Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:35:24 -0500 Choreboy <
choreboyREMOVE@localnet.com> writes:

> The number was 800 852 5321.

> I often encounter websites that ask my date of birth without good
> reason. I alter it because I've heard it can be useful to criminals
> (even if the organization is reputable, such as a newspaper). That's
> why it concerns me that unidentified people asked my aunt's date of
> birth in peculiar circumstances.

> Choreboy

I believe it was mentioned earlier that they answered "Marlboro."
Presuming it is honestly associated with the makers of Marlboro
cigarettes, depending on their purpose they may ask for the date of
birth to identify whether the person is old enough to legally buy
cigarettes.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: Dave Garland: "Re: Withholding the Telephone Tax"
Go to Previous message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Telemarketing?"
May be in reply to: Choreboy: "Telemarketing?"