TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Report DNC Violation?

Re: Report DNC Violation?

Hoss (nedigital@nospam.hotmail.com)
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:52:03 -0500

<chsvideo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> How does one report a violation of the do not call list?

> Got a call at 5:50 this evening from "Health Insurance Services" that
> was not only a telemarketer, but it was a recording to boot.

> "Hi, this is Karen from Health Insurance Services, sorry to use this
> annoying phone call but did you know that...press 1 for more
> information"

> Lincoln

Hi Lincoln,

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/donotcall/

How to File a Complaint

You can file a complaint by e-mail (donotcall@fcc.gov), telephone
1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) voice or 1-888-TELL-FCC (1-888-835-5322)
TTY, or mail. Your complaint should include:

a.. name, address, and telephone number where you can be reached during
the business day;

b.. the telephone number involved with the complaint; and

c.. as much specific information as possible, including the identity of
the telemarketer or company contacting you, the date on which you put your
number on the national Do-Not-Call registry or made a company-specific
do-not-call request, and the date(s) of any subsequent telemarketing call(s)
from that telemarketer or company.

If mailing a complaint, send it to:

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554

Go to Next message: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Report DNC Violation?"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: A New Radio Station For Our Town"
May be in reply to: chsvideo@hotmail.com: "Report DNC Violation?"