TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Powell Rips FCC Delay on Connection Fee Reform

Re: Powell Rips FCC Delay on Connection Fee Reform

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:19:16 GMT

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:56:33 -0500, Jack Decker wrote:

> http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/3482361

> February 10, 2005
> Powell Rips FCC Delay on Connection Fee Reform
> By Roy Mark

> WASHINGTON -- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael
> Powell warned his fellow commissioners today that they would
> eventually regret Thursday's FCC decision to further study
> intercarrier compensation reform.

"Reform" is what those advocating any particular change always call
it, progressive or regressive. As I recall, the last "reform"
slaughtered competitive DSL. The CLEC settlement rules, which the
Bells wrote, but miscalculated, are probably the next target. That
should allow them to kill competitive VoIP. OTOH, maybe I am too old
and cynical. Or worked in telecom too long.

Go to Next message: John McHarry: "Re: Click Fraud Looms As Search-Engine Threat"
Go to Previous message: David B. Horvath, CCP: "Re: The Move to High-Tech Tracking of Inmates"
May be in reply to: Jack Decker: "Powell Rips FCC Delay on Connection Fee Reform"