TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: SS7 F-Links and A-Link Emulation to Decommission Switch

SS7 F-Links and A-Link Emulation to Decommission Switch

brettnem@gmail.com
14 Feb 2005 12:43:28 -0800

Hi All,

Here's what I'm trying to do. I have two existing switches with
A-Links and their own unique point codes. I'm in the process of trying
to decommission one of the switches and would like to get rid of it's
A-Links ASAP. This switch has only a few customers, but has 4 CO-Codes
on it (it's been in the progress of being decommissioned for some
time). I'd really like to move the CO-Code over to the interconnection
on the other switch, but I don't think this will happen quick enough
for my needs since a LERG update will take a minumum of 45 days. I've
thought about using number portability to move the codes (the
customers..) but the Code has been entered into the LERG as
non-portable! Ek!

So ... what I'm thinking is that maybe I could setup an F-Link between
the two switches and emulate the point code that was on the old
switch's A-Link on the New switch's A-Link and then create a Trunk
Group between the two switches.

Any thoughts? Does this work? I'm not real familiar with F-Links so I
don't know if this is even possible.

Thoughts, ideas, etc???

Thanks,

Brett

Go to Next message: Robert Anderson: "ADSL and SDSL?"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Two New Twentieth Television Mobile Shows Premiere on V CAST"
May be reply: Bob Colby: "Re: SS7 F-Links and A-Link Emulation to Decommission Switch"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page