TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon Plans to Offer "Naked DSL" on 4/5 of its Wirelines

Re: Verizon Plans to Offer "Naked DSL" on 4/5 of its Wirelines

jmeissen@aracnet.com
12 Feb 2005 22:32:46 GMT

R Collinge <rcollinge@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jack (Decker),

> "Verizon expects "that in the not-too-distant future that you will be
> able to get Verizon DSL without getting Verizon phone service," said
> Tom Tauke, Verizon executive vice president for public affairs and
> communications. "It's a technological issue, it's not a marketing
> issue." "From a very practical perspective, we would like to be able
> to offer the DSL service on a stand-alone basis and the effort is
> being made to bring that about as rapidly as possible," he said.

So that begs the question, will that option only be available to
Verizon Online subscribers, or will those of us who prefer an
independant ISP but are forced to pay through the nose for Verizon
Data's DSL service be able to take advantage of it?

john-

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Verizon Plans to Offer "Naked DSL" on 4/5 of its Wirelines"
Go to Previous message: John Stahl: "Re: XM Antenna Construction"
May be in reply to: Charles Cryderman: "Verizon Plans to Offer "Naked DSL" on 4/5 of its Wirelines"