TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Brother Question

Re: Brother Question

Ken Abrams (k_abrams@[REMOVETHIS])
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:35:22 GMT

<LB@notmine.com> wrote:

> I recently bought a Brother All in One -- mainly for the copying ability.
> My question is: Does anyone know if Brother will sell my phone number
> if I activate the fax part of the machine?

This is an interesting thought but I don't think your concern is
justified. I doubt the machine is programmed to "call home" on it's
own.

I have one and like it, except for 2 things. No power switch (at
least on my older model). Toner and drums are VERY expensive from
Brother. 3rd party replacements are available at about 1/2 the price
but require some effort to find. I've been using 3rd party parts now
for about a year with no ill effects.

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Brother Question"
Go to Previous message: Reto Krucker: "Print to Fax Solutions?"
May be in reply to: LB@notmine.com: "Brother Question"